VMFS has an automated file system with a hierarchical directory structure, optimized for virtual machines in a clustered environment. It has locked management and distributed logical volume management to across multiple partitions and dynamically expand data stores, the system can quickly restore the entire virtual machine state in a single directory.
VMFS has automatic and intelligent cluster file system. It is so optimized that can be used in virtual environment. Traditionally only a file is allowed to be read for a server at a time, VMFS can read/write multiple files at a time using shared storage.
The composition of VMFS volumes is derived from the two-tier architecture of VMFS: file data blocks and subsystem data blocks. The file data block is selected when the volume is created, and has a block size of 1 MB, 2MB, 4MB, or 8MB. Subfile data blocks are further divided into smaller blocks within the file system, reducing the generation of internal fragmentation by multiple very small blocks.
Usually, if the VMFS volume is formatted as a 1MB-sized block, then multiple 64KB blocks are used to satisfy the storage requirements for small files. So that each VMFS-3 volume will have multiple blocks of 64KB size separated by the main block.
The software uses efficient data structure and analysis algorithm, reading the original sector data and re-constructing lost and damaged directories and files in memory.
* Support IDE / SCSI / SATA / SAS / USB, RAID disk and other storage medias, VMFS file system (fast and restore the deleted file).
* Support RAID0, RAID1, RAID10, RAID5, RAID5, RAID5E, RAID5EE, RAID ADG, HP dual-cycle standard RAID level
* Support non-standard RAID
* Easy to use,
Other functions include file / directory retrieval, which can be retrieved based on time, size, file type, file name (fuzzy, precise), delete, non-deleted, empty folders, etc., as well as quick scan, mirror, save logs etc.,
* Deleted files, folders and directories.
* Partition formatting
* HDD re-partitioning
* Reloaded OS
* File system failure
* Data partially overwritten
* Partition file system is damaged
* Different RAID levels
* Support for standard and non-standard RAID levels.
* Can edit non-standard RAID parameters
* Powerful deleted files recovery
* Powerful partitioned data recovery
* Powerful overwritten data recovery
* Fast locate lost partition
* Friendly interface and easy to use.
What should we do when data is lost?
* Stop using the HDD, otherwise data will be overwritten.
* Do not try to partition/fix HDD.
* Do not recover the lost data to the data HDD.
* Always recover data to another target disk.
* Never try to format the drive when mounting disk failed.